Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Iowa 2011 - Day 1

What better way to start a vacation in Iowa than with Sunday morning church at Camp Okoboji? None, I tell you. None.

I could have done without the running out of gas on the way home from church, but John didn't ask my opinion about that. :)

All the girls stayed with the car to keep it safe while all the boys went to get some gas so we could make it home. Grandma even crawled into the backseat during our wait to keep Miss Emilia company. We had a good time chatting and laughing while watching for the red car to come back down the road and rescue us.




The rest of the day was spent "just foolin' around," as I always used to say to my Grandma. Emilia and Grandma spent quite a bit of time putting together puzzles on the floor



Josiah and Grandpa got into some mischief in the basement before Josiah found the typewriter. The kids loved the typewriter!! All of them, even little Audra, took turns over the next 3 days "writing letters" on it. This old-fashioned, out of date machine was the source of HOURS of entertainment!




The weather outside was nice that afternoon so we squeezed in some time on the porch before the rain came in. Audra showed grandma how she already knows what to do with a phone...she's quite adorable with it, if I do say so myself. (And I'm not biased at all)



Emily was quite happy with the outdoor time:



It's a good thing we came in when we did, though, because there was a holdup going on downstairs!




Somehow, someone mediated the situation because everyone got out unharmed. And thank goodness for that because a trip to the hospital was definitely not on my list of things to do in Iowa.

No comments: