Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Apples and the Tree

I truly think that Micah is going to be one of those kids who always has some sort of cut, bump, scrape or other injury (hopefully none will be serious) because honestly, it is always something with him. Just when the scrape on his chin from falling into the stairs was healing, he scraped his knee, not once, but twice--the same knee, the same spot, two days in a row. Needless to say, the second was worse than the first because it basically just took off all the previously injured skin. ANYWAY...he has developed a strong attachment to one of my teddy bears, Pookah, and when he gets hurt (after I hold him and he screams for a minute) the first word out of his mouth is usually "Pookah." And he will hold Pookah and sit with Pookah and then he's good to go again! So here is a picture of Micah, his band-aid and Pookah. And yes, Pookah is also wearing a diaper.

Here's another photo for you...Look familiar? And I want you to know, this was all his idea! I didn't even plant a seed of the idea in him...at least not verbally!

If you cant tell, that's his fisher price camera and he's doing a self portrait. What a great idea! (for those of you who are not familiar with my picture taking, I probably have about 500 pictures of me with various other people that were taken like that) Ahh, my young photographer. I guess it's true what they say about the apple not falling far from the tree! Here's his picture. A bit washed out because that camera isn't good with close-ups, but he's working with what he's got!

And here's a picture he took all by himself of me and Micah. He seems to actually be getting the idea of taking a picture of something. Although his interests are very different from mine...he took a picture of the bottom of my crutches and of the people walking their dog on the street in front of our house, but hey--they were pictures of something!

No comments: