As you may know, Josiah likes to draw pictures. The other day he was drawing one of a road that led to someone's house. So, he's drawing the road and saying, "Then it turns this way and then you have to turn to the bottom..." all the while leading us to the house. When we "arrive" at the house, he starts to draw someone in it and as the ears go on he announces, "It's Mickey Mouse's house!" He finishes drawing Mickey, adds a few more roads that lead to the house and says he's done. I think it's cute, especially the whole, "driving to the house" before we found out who lived there, so I call John over to see. I'm telling him the story about it and get to the part of it being Mickey Mouse when Josiah interrupts me and says, "Mommy! That's not Mickey Mouse! That's Aunt Jenny!" So, Aunt Jenny, here it is: The road to your house and you with your mouse-like ears (who knew your ears looked like that?? Leave it to a kid to out your biggest secret!):
And one more snippet of our lives for you...
So we teach our boys these songs about God and Jesus in hopes that they will help them know Him better and understand how much He loves them and how special they are because they were created by the Creator of all...and then sometimes when I hear them singing these songs on their own, I wonder...I wonder if this is really such a good idea!! What are they learning? What IN THE WORLD must they think about this one called "God" if this is what they are getting from these songs? Ok...so mostly I just laugh, knowing eventually they'll realize the right words, but sometimes it does really make me wonder! These are some of the more entertaining (at least of the ones I remember) Josiah-renditions of Christian songs:
Away in a manger no crib for a bed, the crippled Lord Jesus lay down His sweet head.
or
Away in a manger no crib for a bed, the little poor Jesus lay down His sweet head
(from "His Banner Over Me Is Love")
The Lord needs tables and I need catchers, His banner over me is love
or
The Lord needs tables and I need pinchers, His manners over me is love
I'm your Christian Soldiers marching and to war in the cross of Jesus were we one before.
or
All your Christian soldiers marching and to war, in the cross of Jesus woeing once before.
:) :) :) :) :)
1 comment:
Rebekah...Those song lyrics that the kids made up are cute. Don't worry, eventually they will learn what they really are. God's peace to your family! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment