Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Know, I Know...

I know, it's been forever since I posted. Let's just say we are all still adjusting to John's work schedule and it's not turning out to be a very smooth process. I don't think we really expected it to be an easy transition, so we're just muddling our way through it and trying to find a routine that works for everyone.

One of the things that has been pushed to the backburner has been this blog. I am sorry about that because I know it is how some of you keep track of us and what we are up to and how the kids are growing and all of that, so I am going to do my best to find a place where blogging can fit in my life again. Hang in there with me! We'll find something that works!

So what have we been up to? Well, quite a bit actually. Emilia has been experimenting with her food...face painting, plugging various available holes...all sorts of fun stuff! Here is a picture I took one day after lunch. Needless to say, she went straight from the highchair to the bathtub. It wasn't the same day as this, but one day I also pulled a wad of spinach out of her nose.



Our neighbors across the street recently had a tree cut down...that also had a honey beehive in it. We spent the morning like all good neighbors would--with lawn chairs and snacks watching the activity! It really was fascinating. They had to bring in a crane because the tree was so tall.



That in and of itself was enough excitement for the boys, but we also got to watch a bee keeper come and smoke the hive, wrap it up, cut it down and take it home. He let the boys try on part of his bee suit





and even showed them part of a honey comb!



At one point after the hive section of the tree was on the trailer and ready to go, the bees started walking out of another hole in the trunk, so the bee keeper had to smoke them again and wrap up that hole, too.



It was a really interesting day, and that's not even counting watching them use the crane to cut down the tree!!

We had another fun 4th of July out in Powell, setting off a bunch of fireworks and hanging out with family. We missed Matt and Candida and their kiddos...it wasn't quite the same without them, but we're hoping they can come again next year! Emilia slept right through all of the noise, so I got to have fun messing around with my camera during the fireworks. Hope you had a great 4th, too!









I don't know what it is with my kids and putting stickers on their heads, but all three of mine have done it...Emilia takes it to a whole 'nother level, though!



This is a card that Micah made for John:



It is a picture of the two of them holding hands(the round circles on their legs are their tummies) and their remote-controlled tornado (the swirl in the bottom right corner). Micah wrote all of the letters himself, drew and colored in the heart by himself (what is in the middle of "Daddy"...you could tell what it was better before he colored it in) and came up with what he wanted to write. My personal favorite is their Mickey Mouse ears :) Here is the proud artist:



Micah has started riding 2-wheels!!!! Woo-hoo!! This is a big childhood milestone, you know!! All it took was one trip with daddy to the baseball fields, and he's good to go with balance. Now, if he could just master the dismount...and a little more confidence would serve him well, too!







Last, but certainly not least, Josiah had a mohawk for a day this week. He desperately needed a haircut and AS A JOKE John left him a mohawk and then made the mistake of showing Josiah what his hair looked like. Well, I coulda told you how that would end...Josiah wanted to keep the mohawk. John negotiated it down to a day. So, for one day, Josiah had a mohawk. Personally, I don't think it was such a good look for him and I'm glad its gone! But, for record keeping purposes, I did take a picture.



Well, there you have it...the last 3 weeks in a nutshell!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i remember the day with the spaghetti...lol :D

Unknown said...

also. that sounds like you had fun the day they took the tree down...and micah didnt tell me he can ride two wheels...and his card is very cute :)

Candida said...

What's up with John's job?

Sara said...

Hey--that's funny, I guess great minds think alike....at least you put pictures in yours. I didn't get that far!