I did make my first attempt at using fondant on a cake. I have mixed feelings about it. While I have no doubt it simplified making the Batman signal, it was quite sticky. I had issues getting it on the cake, because when I rolled it up to put on the cake, some of it stuck together which resulted in holes on the cake. Not pretty. I patched them as best I could, but once the fondant is on, there isn't much that can be done to fix it. I did make my own fondant, and maybe all of my problems started there (especially since I'd never done it before). But I'm a make-it-from-scratch kind of girl, so that's always what I try first. Anyway...here a picture of the batman cake and some others from his party.

I love this next picture. Most of the time Micah seems so big to me, but look at him here--he's still my little boy. I'm loving the reminder that 5 really isn't so old afterall. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment