Friday, June 3, 2011

Holden Beach...Day 6

Today was Justin, Daniel, Matthew, Jen and Paul's last day with us at the beach. Justin is on an All-Stars baseball team (Yay!!!) and they have practice tomorrow night, so their crew is leaving a day early. (BOO!!)

So we crammed in as much as we could today.

Tom and Paul went to play golf this morning and the rest of us enjoyed some more beautiful beach time.

A little pink chair for Audra--she was so happy!!


Justin and Josiah playing baseball on the beach


Daniel and Micah taking on the ocean


Emilia jumping waves with Daddy


Love some Daddy-daughter time! :)


Have shovel, will travel


Today was the day of the big "Battle of the Sandcastles."
John worked very hard on his entry. And when I wasn't chasing kids and taking pictures and boogie boarding with Emilia, I helped him some.


This is Justin, Daniel, and Jen's entry. The powers that be declared a tie!!


This is Micah, riding a wave all the way to the shoreline. There's nothin' like it!


Emilia got to fly the kite with gramma today. She loved it! She struggled at first because every time she looked up the sun was in her eyes, but once she stole my sunglasses, she was golden. :)


After dinner we all made the annual trip to Treasure Golf (I think that's the name of it...) for a fiesty round of putt-putt. And let me give you all fair warning--watch out for Emilia, she's a MANIAC out there! She was all over the place swinging and swatting and chopping at the ball. She chased it all over the green so fast the ball (most of the time) never even stopped rolling!




And then there's Audra. She'll walk past you, pick up your ball and drop it in the hole for you. Guaranteed hole in one, if she's your caddy :)










We all had a great time, followed, of course by more ice cream!! Micah spotted his flavor for the night right away--TRASH CAN. Who knew? Not me, but Micah highly recommends it.




And just so you all know what I have to work with here...I was trying to take a picture of Emilia and Uncle Paul (because she INSISTED on eating her ice cream with him) and this is what I get...I ask for smiles, she scowls, smiles, scowls, smiles and it is up to me to time the click of the camera at the precise moment when she is smiling...I forgot to keep track of Paul's eyes at the same time.



Tomorrow is our last day. How does a week go by so fast??

No comments: