Monday, August 1, 2011

Iowa 2011 - Day 3

Sorry for that longish hiatus...I've been attempting to plan for our upcoming school year and I've been bogged down by all of the choices!

My girls love to color. You should see all of the BEAUTIFUL artwork they create for me. (Really, you should. Send me your address...I'm all about sharing!) :) Almost every day that we were in Iowa one or more of my kids colored a picture or two or ten for my grandma.



I'm sure she kept them all. ;)

Later that morning, the girls went out shopping. And would you know I got the FRONT DOOR SPOT at the Emporium BOTH times we stopped there? (Yes, we went back to the first place we stopped at the end of our shopping. Ha! Makes me think of the first--and last--time my dad took me shopping. Seems I haven't changed too much.) Well, the girls had a great time out and about and it would seem the boys had a great time at home without us as this is what we found when we got back:




And here's little miss sassy pants and her new necklace...she picked it out herself and of course it's purple, her favorite color. Much to her dismay, mommy wouldn't buy her the hot pink, sequinned, heart cut out shoes. They were cute...they were also expensive!


After lunch we had some more time just foolin around. John fixed grandma's computer and the kids typed more letters to their cousins. Emily worked on her online class and I edited pictures to print for Grandma and Grandpa's wall.

That evening, however, there was no foolin' around as Grandma and I dominated the card games...AGAIN.

'Cause we're awesome like that. :)

1 comment:

Emily(: said...

Bahaha. Such fond memories! Love it! I'm watching Big Business as I write this. (: