Wednesday, February 29, 2012

She's Really Two

I guess its all official now. We did the birthday, we had the party and we've even done the doctor well check. So, now my baby is officially two.

And she is AWESOME! I LOVE this little girl so much more than I can put into words. She is silly and goofy and loves to laugh. And she has the cutest little giggle that makes it practically impossible not to laugh along with her.

The doctor, of course, declared her perfect. And huge. She is in the 95% for weight (at 32.5 lbs) and >97% for height (36.6 inches). Yes, the paper actually says, "greater than 97%," because once you're past that, specific percentages don't matter, I suppose. :)

This is Audra on her birthday playing with one of her favorite "toys." It's actually a set of math rods that I use with the boys to help explain math concepts, but they are made kinda like legos and Audra will sit and build with these for 20 to 30 minutes at a time.



You know, another thing Audra really loves is oranges. Yum! She would eat her weight in oranges, if I'd let her. She's also recently discovered that the peels enable you to make some wonderfully silly faces. :)


Here she is with her "Old MacDonald pop book." This book is fantastic!! It has little bubbles that you push and they pop, like bubble wrap. All of the kids LOVE this book!



The birthday girl, blowing out the candles on her birthday!



Chocolate, what a wonderful thing!


My four goofy kiddos on Audra's birthday:



About a week after her birthday, I took Audra out for a little photo shoot to capture some of her personality on camera. I put the best ones on Facebook for you guys to see, but here are some less portrait quality pictures that are just entertaining to me...First up is her with her arms folded over her chest. She is two, you know, so saying "no" is something she tries frequently...usually with her arms crossed like this:



And then there's this one, where she looks completely in shock by what's going on around her...that's probably pretty typical around here!



To celebrate Audra's birthday with our family, we had a little Blue's Clues party. It's kinda funny that I was concerned about the older kids participating and having fun...when it was over Josiah said HE wanted to have a Blue's Clues party, too! Who knew?

For the game, the kids worked in pairs to solve riddles, find clues and figure out where the goody bags were hidden. One of Audra's clues took her to the mailbox where she got a "letter." John said, "You just got a letter! Wonder who it's from? Oh look, it's a letter from your friend!" And Audra just cracked up laughing! She thought it was the best thing! Here's some pictures of the kids hunting for their clues...





Everyone loved that part of the party! After they were finished every single one of them said they wanted to do it again. A couple of them were even chanting, "More clues! More clues!" I think that part was a success. :) Which is a good thing, because the cake I made was less than stellar. I had a fondant malfunction (turns out they mean it when they say not to use store brand marshmallows), so it looks a little messy, but it still tasted wonderful, and that's really what matters. :)



Here's that silly birthday girl "hiding" from me:


She's a chocolate monster, that's for sure!


Trying on some of her gifts from Aunt Karen (and her crew...but we all know who picked these out) :)


And lastly, being a rock star on her new guitar:



Happy, happy birthday, Audra!
What a gift it is to share these days with you.

I love you, sweet girl!

No comments: