Monday, November 19, 2012

Because I Can't Clean

No really. I can't. Why can't I clean? Because my children have lost the tubes for my vacuum attachments. I've done the other stuff on my list for today, so now I'm just being annoyed about those tubes being lost.

I was telling my mom some of the shenanigans that have been happening around here and she said, "I hope you are writing these down." I said, sure, in all my spare time. Which really means "no." But since I'm just sitting here being annoyed, I guess that means I have free time, now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you remember me telling you about the time that Micah peed all over the bathroom because he "didn't notice" that the toilet lid was down? Well, apparently there is a gene for such behavior and it runs in our family. Emilia had the same thing happen to her the other day. Just as baffling to me. How, exactly, do you sit down on the toilet and NOT NOTICE that the lid is down?? Especially as you start peeing all over yourself. Hmmm...just not getting it. But that's 2 out of 4 that have had this issue. I can only assume it's somehow genetic. Not from my side, of course. :)

On the same day that Emilia didn't notice that the lid was down, Audra peed all over the bathroom floor because she couldn't figure out where to set the toys she was carrying while she went to the bathroom. Like all good two year olds, she waited until the very last possible second before sprinting to the bathroom, so there wasn't a lot of time for decision making and then once the deed was done, she stood stomping in the puddle because she was so upset about having wet her pants and STILL not knowing what to do with her toys.

On the same day that Emilia and Audra peed all over the bathroom floor, Micah joined in the party and peed all over the floor. He came out to the living room and said, "You might notice that I have on different pants. That's because I had to go poop and then I had to pee and I didn't realize that my pee could come out in the space between the lid and the toilet. So, my pants got wet, but it's ok because I put on clean ones."

Was there a puddle on the floor?

"A puddle?"

Yes, Did any get on the floor or was it all on your clothes?

"Hmm...I don't know. I didn't think about that. I'll go check...."

"Yep, there was a puddle, but I cleaned it up. Good thinking, mom!"

All three of these incidents happened before lunchtime. I kept Josiah from finding out about it, lest he feel the need to join in the fun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And as I was proofreading the above story, Audra jumped off the couch and said, "I didn't just pee on the couch."

But based on the dark spot I see over there, I'm think she's mistaken

At least I don't need vacuum tubes to clean that up.

No comments: