Oh the things I could tell you that Josiah has come up with, but I'll keep this a G rating and just tell you the less suggestive things...
There are some things that my kids say or mispronounce that are so catchy they become a word of their own, or they replace the real word at least at our house. Some of the ones that come to mind are Micah's be-be. It's really his word for baby and for some reason that's what he started calling his blanket, so now that's what it is...his be-be. And if any of us ask where be-be is, we all know what we're talking about and usually, HOPEFULLY, someone knows where it is because believe me when I say that is one special be-be.
Josiah always chooses to be a 'furious' leader, instead of a fearless one, so now I ask who's going to be my furious leader. I can already hear it though...one day Josiah is going to realize that it's usually fearless and he's going to correct me and say, "MOOOOM, it's not furious, it's FEARLESS!" And I'll just have to smile and say, "Oh, how could I have missed that?"
One of my favorites right now is Micah's "mlem-mlay" or on a day with less sylables, "lem-lay" that would be the word for lemonade. I just think its so cute how he says it that I've started saying it too. Like when Josiah's blankie was his wonkie, and when we would "skank" God for our food, or 'I love you' became 'yuh-you' and we'd all just yell "TATER!" when someone left, short for "later tater"...
No comments:
Post a Comment