Saturday, May 12, 2007

Preschool Texting

Have you seen the commercial of the mom and daughter talking to each other in text abbreviations? They say things like: "IDK, just talking to my BFF" and "I'll tell you what is TISNF" For the last couple of days, I've been living in the preschool version of that. Josiah has decided to abbreviate everything. So I'll get requests like: "Can I have some more catch?" (translation: Can I have some more ketchup?) What about the sprinks? (What about the sprinkles?) "I dropped a goalph" (I dropped a goldfish) Thankfully the circumstances so far have provided a translation for me, but I can see him really latching on to all the abbreviated texting stuff and then I think I'm in trouble!

Micah has started learning his shapes. He likes to try to make them with his hands. He's really good with a triangle (pic below) and if you help he can make a mean rectangle. Circles stump him right now, at least in making them with his hands. It's like he wont relax his hands enough to curve. He also likes making different numbers with his hands. Ever since he learned 2 for his birthday, we've been doing all sorts of numbers with his fingers. Josiah really gets into it, too, because he has started adding so it usually starts with him asking "What's 2 plus 1" and then he adds it up to 3, holds up those fingers on his hand and then Micah wants to do it, too. One of his (Micah's) favorites right now is 6...it uses both hands and he can make the number "self." It doesn't always SOUND like he's saying six, but trust me, he is.


"They" always say better late than never, right? So that would explain the bunny house we decorated this morning. Oh, I know MOST people do these things around Easter, but I've always been a little off "most" people and "they" seem to have more influence on me than I'd like, so here is our beautifully decorated bunny house. They boys had a great time--they LOVE doing things like this. I think eating the candy helps add to the attraction, but thats just a guess.

No comments: