This happened last Sunday, but I forgot to post it then. The place is at church. The time is after service when the children are getting picked up by their parents. The main characters are Josiah and Mr. Jake, a long time buddy of Josiah's (he taught his class when Josiah was 2). Among the "goodbyes" and "see you next weeks" Mr. Jake playfully kicked Josiah's behind in a friendly farewell. This is the conversation that followed.
Josiah: Mr. Jake! We don't kick people!
Mr. Jake: (laughing) Oh really? Well, what do we do to them?
Josiah: (with complete seriousness) We RESPECT them!
Mr. Jake: (laughing harder now) Who's teaching you all these lovey dovey words?
it was really funny. Sometimes one of the kids will come up with something like that and it just makes me laugh...ok, I try not to laugh in front of them but it's hard! Like this morning when I playfully hit John and Micah came up to me and said, "Mommy, don't hit things!" Maybe they are listening afterall.
No comments:
Post a Comment