Thursday, May 17, 2007

My Sweetpea

I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again. --Stephen Grellet


I had a couple of people say they really liked this story yesterday when it came up, so I thought I would post it here for the rest of you to hear, too.

First things first...I am "officially" off my crunchers (thats what the boys call my crutches) YIPEE!! Needless to say, we are all very happy and excited that I dont have to use those clunky things anymore, but Josiah seems especially glad that that part of things is over. About 4 days before my doctors appointment when it was time for all of us to say one thing we are thankful for, Josiah's thanks was, "I'm thankful that Mommy wont be on crunchers much longer." And, at least 5 times since I've come home off the crutches he's told me, "Mommy, I'm so proud of you walking without crunchers!" It's so sweet the way he says it and so cool that my three year old would even think to say something like that! What a sweetheart God has given me.

And that's the story!

It is not true that nice guys finish last. Nice guys are winners before the game ever starts. --Addison Walker

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hi guys,
Thanks for keeping this site. It's so neat to be able to keep up on your day to day activities.
Love,
Jill

Rebekah said...

Yea!! Someone commented! I'm not just blogging to myself afterall! :) Glad you are enjoying it. It sure is a fun way to be able to share some of the silly stories we have!
Rebekah