Monday, October 22, 2007

No School, No School! La, la, la, la, la!

Ahh, fall break. What a wonderful time of the year. Ok, so I guess right now I think that anytime when we don't have school is a wonderful time of the year! But seriously, the boys and I had a lot of fun getting to stay home all day and not have anything in particular to do. Josiah got to stay in his jammie shirt all day (he made sure to tell John about that at dinner!) and we all got to watch some Veggietales and eat popcorn after nap. It was great!! You know, as frustrating as it can be sometimes to stay home all day, I'll be honest and tell you, I sure do miss getting to do that! I normally feel like there is just not enough time to do everything. I mean, I ALWAYS feel like there isn't enough time for everything, but especially since I've been working. When I'm not at work there are so many errands to run, dishes and clothes to wash, floors to vacuum (I wont even mention the last time I dusted...mostly because I don't remember!), not to mention lessons to plan, papers to grade--oh, and somewhere in the midst of that I have to play with my kids so that they know how important they are to me and how much I love them, love them, love them! So what usually happens is that no matter what I'm doing, part of me feels like I need to be doing something else. It's crazy and of course I'm pregnant, hormonal and that doesn't really help! But ANYWAY...I'm enjoying our break. I'm enjoying spending all day with the boys and getting to nap with them (REALLY like the napping part!). I like getting to experience all of the silly, crazy, wacky parts of their personalities. I'm looking forward to the rest of our week together!

So, here is a video I took a couple of weeks ago. I don't know how you all feel about the videos, but the boys think it is SUPER COOL to get on the computer and watch videos of themselves. I can't even tell you how many times we have watched the videos that are posted on this blog--A LOT! :) Just kidding...I'm having trouble with youtube. You'll have to check back later for the video. Ok, so youtube decided it likes me after all. Here's the video:


I've discovered that one of the benefits of having kids is they automatically come with a personal answering system. Josiah likes to answer the home phone...but sometimes he forgets to say "Hello." We're still working on the technicalities there. So, if you call us and hear the phone pick up, but its just silence, go ahead and say, "Hello, Josiah." I bet he'd take it in stride. As you know with cell phones you can set specific rings for specific people. On my phone John has his very own Cyndi Lauper song that plays when he calls (he loves my taste in music...ha-ha). Both the boys know what "Daddy's ring" is and will answer my cell phone (if they can find it) when he calls. This is what happened today. I was outside with Josiah helping him find a lost toy when all of a sudden Micah appears at the sliding door and says, "I'm talking Daddy" and then he wouldn't give me the phone! I guess it's kind of like "finder's keepers"--he who answers the phone gets to talk. At least John knows he's loved since we all fight for the phone to get to talk to him!

Well, the least I can do at this point is share a picture of the boys. This was about a week ago. Karen bought the boys matching Buzz jackets and it was finally cool enough outside to wear them. Check them out cheezin' together with their awesome jackets on:

No comments: