John and I have spent the last 36 hours child-free. Whoa. John's parent's took the boys, not only out of our house, but out of the state to Georgia for cousin Justin's birthday party. FREEDOM!! Ha-ha. But we have gotten a lot of things done! We've been surprised at how much easier it is to focus on something, sit down and complete a project, start to finish, when there aren't two little ones to corral, feed, read to, play with, discipline, change, clean, and all of that other stuff! So, while I hope that Micah and Josiah have had a great time playing with gramma and grampa and cousins and all, it sure has been nice to knock a few (six!) things off our to-do list!
You know that whole "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" thing...apparently that starts early...Josiah and I were talking the other day about a little girl (can't remember the exact conversation) and he asked me a question about her. In my explanation I was telling him that all humans are like that. He said, "But mommy, that's not a human, it's a 'she'" We girls are a category all on our own!
The boys have this little truck toy that they can ride around the house and push Flinstone-style. Micah has been using it recently to do one of two things: go to Wal-Mart or go to work. And when he goes to Wal-Mart he takes his "man bag" (ok, it's an old purse of mine, but John would rather us call it something else) and when he goes to work he puts on his hard hat and takes his lunch box. It's so cute! And he always comes and says, "Bye, Mommy. I'm going to _______. See you later! I love you! Later tater!" It's really cute!
1 comment:
Kate does the exact same thing with her purse and her shopping cart! She says she's going to Target or work and she has a whole range of greetings like "Later", "Have a good week", "I love you", "Miss you". So cute!
Post a Comment