Sunday, September 21, 2008

Soccer and Stuff



Josiah started playing soccer three weeks ago. He plays on Saturdays and LOVES it. He loves playing a sport, he loves having special soccer shoes and shin guards, he loves having a real uniform of his own, he loves having his own water bottle, he loves being part of a team and he LOVES scoring goals! Micah had a hard time the first week because he wanted to play, too, but he seems to have accepted that, for this year anyway, his role is to cheer his brother on. He does it quite well, now. Randomly throughout the game he'll yell out, "You're doing good, Josiah!" (it's really sweet) Micah does enjoy getting to "practice" before and after the games and feeling like he's part of it. Oh, and John's the assistant coach. So, here's some pics:





Emilia is six months old now, can you believe it?

She can sit on her own, is VERY interested in the food the rest of us eat, is starting to laugh, thinks she's part pirate sometimes, likes watching the cats and her brothers, smiles all the time, still has only two teeth, is always chewing on something, sleeps like a dream (most of the time), and loves, loves, loves her mommy.

She soooo badly wants the food we eat that I got her one of those "Fresh Food Feeders" (we call it "The Nom-er") so she can eat pear or banana or peach or whatever while we are eating our dinner. She LOVES it! She gets so excited when she sees it and starts flapping her arms around and mmmmm-ing. So cute! Here is what I'm talking about:

Micah has finally decided to get his hair trimmed. It's long enough that it's hanging in his eyes all the time and covers his ears. I think its annoying him. Anyway...he's agreed to a TRIM. "Not too much..." he always says.

The boys both went to the dentist this past week. Neither had been before and I was surprised at how well they did. I guess I was surprised because I detest the dentist. But they thought it was a fun place to go, in fact, they keep asking when we can go back! The only interesting discovery from the dentist was that somewhere along the way Micah cracked one of his front teeth. Not exactly surprising considering how many times he's fallen on his face, but still! The dentist said it's nothing to worry about, though.

And one random cute kid thing: When the boys have an idea, they say "I've got something in my head."

Oh--and Josiah has started learning to ride his bike without the training wheels. He's still perfecting his technique on that one, but he keeps getting better and better.

4 comments:

MEBCC said...

Emilia is soooo precious! I can't wait to meet her! Speaking of... when are you coming to visit? :)

Unknown said...

how precious...molly is so big and cute...and the boys are getting to be really good at random things, and the fact that micah cracked a tooth is not suprising, considering how many times he fell over the summer :)

Mark said...

Sounds like Josiah loves playing soccer. I remember I thought it was a blast when I was a kid. When a got a little bit older the fielder got quite a bit bigger and it became more work than fun. Funny how that works...

Rebekah said...

Mark, it's funny that you mention that...I showed Josiah the bigger fields this past Saturday and he said, "WHOA! When I play there I'm going to be running FOREVER!"