Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Hidden Stash

What is it with boys and boogers? I don't know, but here goes...

Tonight we were "just foolin' around," as I used to say for nonsense play when I was little. The boys were trying to get me to kiss their noses, promising they had no boogers in them and I kept saying no because I KNEW they had boogers in them.

Me (to Josiah): I KNOW you have boogers in there. I see you picking them out with your thumb every day.

Josiah: NO! I didn't even do that today, not even once!

Me: Then for SURE there are boogers in there because you didn't pick them out.

Josiah: NO! Well, okay. I did, but just once.

Me: Where did you put it?

Josiah: I put it on the window and every time I put a new one there I say, "NEW CUSTOMERS!"

Oooooh, I started laughing and laughing! It was so funny the way he said, "New customers," as if he was calling from a road stand or something. Because this struck me as particularly funny, I went to tell John about it. I'm telling him the story and Josiah is standing there soaking in the attention when something about what he says or how he says it strikes me as suspicious, so I ask him, "We're just joking around, right? You didn't really put any boogers on the window, right?"

Josiah: Yeah, I did.

Me: But just for pretend, right?

Josiah: No for real.

John: Which window?

Josiah: The one thats next to me, but just a little bit down.

(I'm thinking in the car, so this isn't making sense. He must just be joking.)

John: In your room?

Josiah: Yeah, the one that's next to me, but just a little bit down. There's three of them there?

John: The window looking out to the backyard?

Josiah: Yeah, but just a little bit down.

Me; You mean you really put boogers on the window for real?

Josiah: Yeah.

John: Boy, do we have a project for you later.


And, yes, I will make him clean his own boogers off the window. I'm not doin' it!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

ha ha this is hysterical...i love the new customer part...lol
-ily all <3

Unknown said...

luv the new bg rebekah
-ily all <3

Rebekah said...

Thanks! I'm liking the new background, too!

Unknown said...

ur welcome...
ilysm <3

Unknown said...

will u b home 2mo morning...

Rebekah said...

Why yes, I will be home in the morning. Any particular reason you're asking? :)

Unknown said...

i need to talk to u...and illb here, so ill try calling in the afternoon...i 4gt about gma day