Here's some highlights from the last few weeks:
The boys and I went to see a Peter Pan play with gramma. Josiah, especially, LOVED it! Micah really liked it, too, but he was so tired I think it put a damper on the experience. And ever since we went, there has been a lot of pirating in our house, with many visits from the fierce Captain Hook. (A little aside...did I ever tell you the story of Josiah asking Nana if she would be a hooker with him? He thought she'd make a great hooker (and he told her so). He MEANT someone with a hook on their hand and was, of course, oblivious to what he had actually said. I think he was 3 when that happened.) Anywho...When I asked Josiah what his favorite part was he said it was TigerLily. At the time he couldn't tell me what he liked about her, but from watching him play I think it was the indian dances they did. Micah liked the part when the crocodile tried to eat Captain Hook's hand! Here are pics:

After the play, all the kids had their first taste of Big Ed's pizza. By this time, Micah was waaay too tired to like anything, as you'll see in the pictures. Josiah liked it, but Emilia LOVED it. I was feeding her pieces of my crust and she couldn't get enough! I can tell you one thing about my baby girl--she LOVES food. Seriously. Anything, any time, just put it in her mouth and she's a happy camper. So here's the crew at Big Ed's...
I must've missed grampa in the picture taking...sorry Tom!The boys rode on the Habitat for Humanity float in the downtown Knoxville Christmas parade and they had a BLAST! They thought it was awesome to get to be IN the parade! Josiah has already been asking when he can be in another parade. :) It was also the first time Josiah was on TV! The local news station was broadcasting the parade and if you knew where to look you could see Josiah hanging out in the Habitat float. Guess that means he's used up 1 second of his 15 minutes of fame. It was cold the night of the parade so I bundled the kids up before they left and had to laugh at Micah because at first he was walking like the Stay Puff marshmallow man! Here are all the boys before they went down to the parade.

We also went to the Nutcracker Ballet last week. How did the boys like it? Well, they liked the parts that told the story, particularly the fighting of the Mice King, but they got pretty bored in the second half when they were just dancing. Josiah spent the first 10 minutes asking when they were going to talk and didn't want to believe me when I told him they wouldn't. After a while, he accepted the situation settled in. Micah always wanted the ballerinas to be dancing WITH someone and didn't really like when they danced by themselves. Other than that, I couldn't believe how well they sat and watched the whole performance. I was VERY impressed! Here are the cousins lined up for the show:

I don't know what's up with the boys in this picture. They're boys, what can I say?
(I don't know why the computer is posting it sideways, either...)
I spent most of last week making some stuffed animals to sell in a craft show. The dolls turned out great, I thought, though apparently I should have made more lions! Here are a couple that I made.

We attempted to take some family Christmas pictures on Sunday, but none of the ones of all of us turned out very good. Emilia was over the photo shoot by then, I think. But I did get some great pics of the kids! Our Christmas card pics won't be much of a surprise to you, but I can't keep these to myself!



This one is my FAVORITE!
My little pirate-ess

So, there's a little of what we have been up to. We had a great Thanksgiving and are enjoying the whole holiday season. The boys are very anxiously awaiting Christmas and our road trip to Texas! That will be a fun one to post about! :)
5 comments:
TEXAS!!!!!! Does that mean you are going to stop and see us too!?!
Yoo-hoo! It's almost time! I wonder if "fun" is a word you'll use afterward... :)
Oh my gosh! That cow is SOOO cute!! (A funny aside - I thought for a second that the tail was utters!) LOL! Hope you made lots of sales! Ok, too many exclamation points. Call me soon.
hey...the pics r great, especially the ones of molly...
LUV YA <3
Post a Comment