
But since life does not stop in order for us to get stuff done around the house, here's some of the other stuff we've been up to...
On Monday we went to the Science and Energy museum out in Oak Ridge. The boys learned about electricity and states of matter...I learned about trying to keep up with a 2 year old in a museum that is designed for older children. (She did do a good job of keeping herself entertained while the boys were in class...she just didn't stay in any one place for very long!)




On Tuesday and Wednesday we went up to Wilderness of the Smokies waterpark. Me, four kids and a waterpark...go ahead, call me crazy. I knew I was crazy the whole time I was packing to take us up there! The kids love it there, though, so when my dad called and said they had a time share there and we could go for two days, I knew I had to do it, even at the expense of my sanity. The first night there Emilia had a little friend and those two were so cute! They would go down this one waterslide and wait for each other at the bottom. Then they would scream and flap their arms around before holding hands, walking back around and doing it all over again. For at least 45 minutes, these two 2-year-olds did this over, and over, and over again. 'Til at last we mean ole adults said it was time for dinner. The next morning I got them all up and ready and packed up all our stuff and loaded the car and checked us out long (being a relative term) before the 10 am check-out time and got to the waterpark for some morning fun before we headed home...only to find out that the park opens at 10 am, not 9 am as the lovely front desk people had written on the map. Thankfully, I wasn't THAT early (only 15 minutes) so we took some pictures while we waited.


Audra didn't really like the water, so she spent the whole time in my arms...






Too much fun and too little sleep, though, makes for a grumpy family. I knew things were bad when twice this morning Emilia looked at me and said, "I'm grumpy." Hopefully after taking it easy today and after a good nights sleep tonight, we will all be feeling better tomorrow...at least that's my hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment