This week is a bit chaotic. If I had to choose something to summerize for all of you what the kids and my life has been like, it would be this song:
Meltdown
by Justin Roberts
Brother and me were in the living room
Busy coloring chairs that we lay on
No signs of gloom, a quiet affair
That is until I borrowed his crayon
I cannot lie its the one he loves the best and
I don't know why I put him to the test
But I had no idea he'd get this distressed
Now he's having a a meltdown
Didn't know that he felt down
A meltdown
Then mom walked in and stared at us in awe
Couldn't quite understand what the deal was
Or what she saw. I took my brother's hand
Gave him his crayon and said sorry 'cause
I was aware that we were in a bind
Mom's antique chairs were covered in crayon lines
And I guess she's not a fan of those rainbow designs
Now she's having a meltdown
Didn't know that she felt down
A meltdown
I'd stop the world and wait for you to KETCHUP
But it turns and turns and you must be heard you
MUSTARD, MUSTARD, must be heard
'Cause you're having a meltdown
Didn't know that you felt down
We're all having a meltdown
We're all having an M-E-L-T-D-O-W-N
And I know that this might sound outrageous
But a meltdown is contagious, contagious
Now mom and me were having an M-E-L-T-D down
Mom and me were having an M-E-L-T-D down
And I'd stop the world and meltdown with you.
-------------------------------------------------
So, to summarize, there's been lots of fighting this week. We're all off schedule. We're all tired. We all have very short (sometimes non existent) fuses. It's not been pretty. It's not been much fun, either. I am VERY, VERY thankful for all of the work that is being done in our house, but I am ready to get back to our usual routine, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment