Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Baseball

We are halfway through our first season of kids playing baseball. It is by far the most time consuming and intense sport our kids have played so far. I'm constantly in shock at how SERIOUS some of these people take it...I mean, IT'S TEE-BALL (in Micah's case) for crying out loud. But these people think it is HIGH PRIORITY that these children WIN. Don't get me wrong, I think winning is awesome. I hate it for my kids when they lose and part of me does feel bad for them when they do, but isn't that part of playing sports--learning to be a good sport even when you lose? Oh, anyway...my mantra for the season is: As long as Micah is having fun....As long as Micah is having fun. And he is! So I guess that is what matters and hopefully next year he will have a different coach.

Our little Cubbies fan hearts are breaking, though, because Micah is playing for the Braves and Josiah plays for the Cardinals. We have several family members who are loving those team picks, but it does pain us a bit to put those uniforms on every week. :)

Both boys got to chose their uniform numbers. Micah got his first choice--good ole #13...that's my boy! Best number in the world! (In case you didn't know that was always my number back in the day when I played sports)







Josiah wanted #13, too, but someone else on his team already had that number. So he thought about it some and then said, "Mommy, how old was Uncle Ricky when he died?" I told him he was 62. Josiah said, "Then I want to wear #62 for Uncle Ricky." So here he is, my sweet boy wearing #62





1 comment:

Holly said...

Love Love Love this. Please tell Josiah that he made my day. (also, please tell Micah that 13 was always my lucky number too!)