Friday, May 27, 2011

This Season

"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to uproot. A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build. A time to weep and a time to laugh. A time to mourn and a time to dance.." Ecc. 3:1-4

There's more times listed in those verses, as you may know. But I think wise King Solomon forgot one:
a time for craziness and chaos and a time for order.

This is a time of craziness and chaos for me.

There has been sooo much going on here, from family issues to my grandma having surgery to finishing school and baseball. I am exhausted.

So many times recently I've thought the words of Jeff Probst (do you watch Survivor?) after a tribe loses a challenge: "I've got nothing for ya." And I think of one of the competitors this past season, Matt, who at one point said, "God has literally been carrying me these last few days."

Yup. I'm there.

The good news is that tomorrow we leave for a week at the beach. Oh yes, I could definitely use a week at the beach!

But first I have to pack.
And Josiah has (I think) another double header tonight--assuming it doesn't get rained out...because I love loading all four kids and water bottles and snacks and toys and equipment up to go to the ballpark for an inning and a half.
And we have to load the car with all of our stuff for the beach.
And if I want to come home alive, I have to, have to, HAVE TO remember the tripod.
And I have to remember to unplug all of our electronics so that when we come back nothing has been fried from an electrical surge.

BUT--if I focus on being at the week for a beach (yup, that's what I said. But you know what I mean...) I just might make it through the next 24 hours.

Chaos.

A time of order is coming.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Did you notice the irony of a predicted electrical surge when you re-read this post?