Josiah: Do you think I act like a kid my age?
Me: Yeah, I do, but maybe you should explain more what you mean by "acting your age."
Josiah: Well, I think I heard some of the older kids at school one time making fun of me because I call you "mommy" and not "mom." I heard them talking and they were just whispering and saying, "Did he just say "mommy"?? And Justin says mom so I was just wondering.
Me: You can call me mom.
Josiah: I think it sounds weird. "Mom." Just sounds weird. I like "mommy."
Me: If people saying stuff bothers you then you can call me "mom" around others and "mommy" here at home.
There was a little side conversation about some people always coming up with something to make fun of and then Josiah concluded the whole thing by saying:
Josiah: Well, I guess I do act my age, though. I mean, I was searching through the fridge for leftovers at lunch, so that's like kids my age.
And then he sauntered out of the kitchen.
I think my days of being called "mommy" are numbered. Once Josiah starts, the rest will follow.
And I think our food supply is in trouble.
No comments:
Post a Comment