Thursday, September 13, 2012

Four Year Old Fabulousness

Me: I'm going to take a shower

Emilia: Why??

Me: 'Cause it's been awhile and I'm kinda stinky.

Emilia comes up to me and sniffs my shirt.

Emilia: You're not stinky! You smell like coffee.

I take my shower and come back out. She looks at the boys and says with, in a slightly ticked off sort of way,

Emilia: Mommy took a shower. Now she doesn't smell like coffee.

Me: Is that a bad thing?

Emilia: Yes!

Me: Maybe I should just shower in coffee next time.

Emilia: Ok.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emilia started playing soccer last weekend. It was kind of a rough start, but once we got a few details worked out, all was good. While we were getting ready to go, though, this was the conversation.

Me: You're almost ready to go. You're gonna be awesome!

Emilia: Yeah, I'm perf-norm-ick.

Me: Perfnormic? What's that mean?

Emilia: It's like being good, only better.

About 30 minutes later...

Me: What was that word of yours that means better than good?

Emilia: I don't remember. What was it?

Me: I don't know, that's why I asked you. I loved the word and I'm trying to remember it.

Emilia: Hmmmm...I don't know. Can't remember.

We think.

Me: Perfnormic!

Emilia: Yes! That's it! Now don't forget it, mommy.

No comments: