Monday, October 15, 2007

Baby's First Picture

Here it is! Our little alien baby picture, taken this morning. The boys came with us and Josiah thought it was pretty cool that he could see the baby's heart beating. He kept asking if the baby could see him through the screen! :) Cute. Micah thought the big, colorful, bouncy birth balls were much more interesting than the ultrasound. Guess that's not too surprising! AND, the ultrasound lady knows what gender the baby is, but none of the rest of us do. Although I've got to say it's very tempting to ask when you know that she is sitting there and SHE knows...Surprises!! And now, without further ado, the baby!

So, I was listening to a song tonight that made me realize how lucky I am to be a part of this "strange little band of characters" that is my family. I wouldn't trade these days, these years of my life for anything because these people, these boys that God has blessed me with, are so incredibly wonderful and sweet and fun and funNY and original and amazing. I love to spend time with my boys--the big one and the small ones, too! They are the sunshine of my life. And I am so honored to have another little one growing inside me--another character to add to our troupe. I love being a part of these people's lives! To watch them live and grow and discover and LAUGH. I love to laugh them! These days, this craziness that is being a mom and having little kids, are so precious and fleeting. Each second is a treasure trove of memories, and I only hope I will make the most of them!

"I will build for all times
A house of memories just for you and I
There you'll find rooms inside
Filled with laughter, joy
And your mommy's pride
Around the table and down the hall
We'll chase each other
Till the laughter makes us fall
In the evening, we'll lay our heads down
And thank God for these memories."
-from "House of Memories" by Ten Shekel Shirt

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love the picture Rebecca! I would be so tempted to peek into chart if I were in your shoes!

katie

angela said...

I very much agree with what you said about being a part of these peoples' lives. Such a wonderful gift from God.

Anonymous said...

I think it kind of resembles John. Hope you guys are doing well. I get updates periodically through Angela, but I enjoy reading your blog to see that we are not alone in our joys and struggles of raising a toddler and to see what we have to look forward to.