Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's all fun and games UNTIL....

I've got a couple of stories to share with you. Both dealing with bodily functions, so if that bothers you, you might want to skip this post. Who am I kidding...we're all used to that stuff by now, aren't we?!??

So Micah has been attempting the potty thing again. He is now tall enough to reach the potty all by himself and he can also pull his pants down and up by himself. I think this potty training independence has inspired him to give it another shot. So now he can go "all by himself" without having to tell anyone or get any help. That's the setting for the following scene. Micah comes running out to the living room sans pants....sans any bottoms AT ALL and says, "Mommy, I had to go poop, but I got some on my foot." HUH??? (little boy turns to run back to the potty) At which time I notice that he also got it on the back of his leg. Upon arriving in the bathroom, I see that there is also poop on the floor. In fact, most of it is on the floor...and the carpet and the side of the potty. Oh, and the rug in the hallway. And then I got the full story: "I had to poop, but I pooped some in my pants and I tried to finish on the potty but it got on my foot." Yeah, so the reality of the situation is that he had pooped in his pants which he took off to sit on the potty at which time the poop fell on the floor (smearing his leg and the potty on the way down) and when he sat on the potty, the poop from his leg got on the seat. When he got off the potty (I'm assuming because he realized he no longer had to poop) he stepped in the poop on the floor which he then tracked onto the bathroom and hallway rugs on his way to tell me about the situation. AND as an added bonus, I sat in some of the poop on the bathroom rug that I had failed to previously notice when I plopped on the floor to try to clean all of this up.

It's all fun and games...

Any of you seen the TV show "Lazytown?" The girl on it keeps a diary. Josiah frequently pretends that his travel magna-doodle is his diary. Today in the car, Micah was pretending to be a dog (barking) and Josiah was playing with the magna-doodle. Here's Josiah's commentary, "No, Bryson (the dog next door), I can't right now. I'm doing my diarrhea." continued barking "Yes, as soon as I'm done with my diarrhea I'll play with you."

It's all fun and games!!

5 comments:

angela said...

Funny stuff! Kate had a similar experience to Micah's just a few days ago accept it was not nearly as messy and much more mysterious. After using the bathroom, by herself (I was nursing) Kate came in and announced that she had pooped in the potty and there was some on the floor. I assumed the same thing had happened (that is came from her pants), but there was no trace in her underwear or anywhere else. Just two smears on the bathroom floor and rug and a little on her sock. She would never tell me where it came from. Kind of scary, actually.

Keepin Up With the Cats said...

Every night i tell Atley that if he doesn't want to go to sleep yet he can lay in his bed and talk to Jesus because Jesus never sleeps. So one night i hear him yelling, "Mommy!" I go in the bedroom and he tells me, "Mommy, Jesus said i need to go poop."
When the Spirit moves...

Meriam said...

We've been through that twice! The day Cameron finally decided he was ready to be serious about the potty he wanted to be a big boy and use the boys bathroom at church all by himself. I was changing Aiden's diaper while he ran to the bathroom. Mark Nelson heard Cameron yelling for help and walked into the bathroom where Cameron was standing at the urinal with his pants down and poop coming out of the backside. It's Mark's favorite Cameron story.

Unknown said...

oohhh....that is really funny 2 me, but im sure it wuznt so funny 2
u

Rebekah said...

Now that you mention it, I'm VERY thankful it at least happened in the privacy of our own home!! :)

Mandy, I think Atley will be a firm believer in that Jesus is concerned with ALL the details of our lives! That's a cute story!