Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a fun New Year's! We have been sooo busy! We had a lot of family in town over the holidays and had a BLAST getting to hang out and play with cousins and grandparents. The boys had their first sleepover (at our house) with cousin Brooke. They all slept in the same room and had a great time! Here is a pic of them all in the bed.

Josiah and Brooke were thick as thieves for the week--practically inseparable, and Micah just did his best to keep up! Well, that's not entirely true, Micah played with Ryan quite a bit, too. They were both big fans of Ryan's new Tickle Me Elmo, though they had very different ideas of how to play with him! Timothy and McCain were able to spend the first part of the week with us and all the kids made ornaments, cookies, "gingerbread" houses and had a great time! Josiah was sad when it was time for Brooke to go home and is still asking when we get to go to Texas to visit her and play with her toys! (Although when Candida said something about us coming to their house, Brooke said, "Why?") Here's a couple more pics from the week. This first one is Brooke instructing Josiah on how to color his picture. Amazingly, they took such instruction from each other without complaint....now if I had tried to do that, I'm sure Josiah would have let me know he had it under control. One of the perks of being a friend, I guess! :)

The obligatory cousin bath time (this wont last much longer--they wont fit!)

Here are a couple of pics from the frosting of the cookies--frosting the SPRITZ cookies, I might add, the only real way to make Spritz! :) (John and I disagree about this...he prefers his Spritz unfrosted. Who ever heard of that?!??!)


These are from when the kids each made (colored) a new ornament for the Christmas tree. Everyone had their own idea of how much color these needed. Timothy spent the most time on his, but I think they all turned out great!! Check out Josiah ooooh-ing over Brooke's creation in this first pic: :)




Ok, that's all I have time for right now. I've GOT to get back to doing this more often so it doesn't take so long! I've got lots more to share with you and hopefully I'll get back here to finish up soon!

No comments: