Sunday, May 18, 2008

Don't Worry!

Somewhere in my genetic make-up I must have the "don't worry" gene that my sister is well known for...mine is just buried deeeeep down in there. But it exists, I am sure of it now, because Micah has started telling me, "Don't worry." or "It's OK."

Mommy, I just spilled my milk on the carpet, but don't worry.

Mommy, I dropped my toy in the potty, but it's ok.

I just fell off the slide, but I'm ok.

Mommy, Molly's crying in her swing, but don't worry.

My cookie fell on the floor, but don't worry.

Mommy, I accidently stepped on your camera, but it's ok.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ha-ha that is hillarious: if the camera one is real, so sry...gives u the excuse to buy a video camera now : )

Candida said...

Funny. Brooke does that too. She ends bad news stories with "it's ok" -- especially if the bad news are likely to get her in trouble... Mommy I messed up your lipstick but it's ok. The other one is that when I'm mad (at either Brooke or Ryan) Ryan will come to me and say "hi mommy". How can you stay mad at that???

Rebekah said...

Kids definitely know how cute they are and when/how to use it. Micah has this grin where he scrunches up his eyes and hunches his shoulders that I have named his "trying to get out of trouble grin" because, like Ryan, it's what he does when he knows I'm upset.

angela said...

When Kate knows I'm short on patience, she stops and looks at me and says "Mommy, I love you." Manipulative little buggers!