After the boys were "in bed" for the night, we heard the pitter-patter of little feet. I went to investigate. I found Josiah hiding under the dining room table with a pair of Mickey Mouse sunglasses. (Karen, I think these belong to one of your boys and I meant to bring them to Grandma Day, but I forgot. But we do have them in case they've been missed)
I said, "Josiah come out from under the table and go back to bed."
Josiah: (while crawling out from under the table) "But I need a tissue!"
Me: "If you needed a tissue you should have come out and got one. Instead, you were playing under the table which leads me to believe you are just coming up with reasons to get out of bed. Now, go." (a tissue is an acceptable reason to get up)
Josiah: "But I have a booger!"
Me: "Then you should have gotten a tissue instead of playing under the table. Go to bed."
Josiah (showing me his finger): "But I have a booger!"
Me: "Too bad."
Josiah: "But what do I do with it?"
Me: "I don't care. Wipe it on your jammies."
Josiah: (wailing) "NOOOOoooooo!!"
(We have now made it into their room. I had been out when they went to bed, so when Micah sees me he asks for a hug and a kiss, which I give him)
Josiah: "Can I have a hug and a kiss?"
Me: "Depends. What did you do with your booger?"
Josiah: "I put it back in my nose."
1 comment:
HA-HA!!! That is hilllarious.
Post a Comment