Thursday, May 8, 2008

Short Circuit

That movie rocks. Have you seen it? "Johnny Five, ALIVE!" (but my favorite is, "Your momma was a snowblower.") But anyway...that's actually not what I'm talking about today. Back to the real reason for my post.

99% of the time, I think my children are quite intelligent. Today, however, was one of those days when their intelligence was called into question. I'll keep the "little" stuff to myself and just share the whammy with you:

Josiah peed in the trash can.

What?!??
Yes, he was awake.
Yes, he did it intentionally.
Yes, he knew it was wrong.
And yes, that's right, the trash can is RIGHT NEXT TO THE TOILET.

AND THEN
he came out and told me he did it
(now there's a first born for ya)

Why did he do it? Good question. No one knows the answer to that one. I asked. He said, "I don't know!"

short-cir·cuit (shôrt sûr kit)
n.
An accidental (according to him, anyway) low-resistance connection between two nodes of an electrical circuit that are meant to be at different voltages. The current tends to flow through the area of low resistence (i.e. childish tendencies), bypassing the rest of the circuit (the logic and reasoning part of the brain).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, that is kinda weird, but kids will be kids, and at least he was honest about it, but then again, i still don't know why he would do that...

<3 YA!!!

Unknown said...

hey rebekah, great story... i am bored... <3 ya!!!

Rebekah said...

So, here's the update...

He did it again today. *cries*

I think "getting" to clean out the trash can was too much "fun" to resist. Maybe I should clarify that he's free to clean the trash can at any time, peeing on it is not required. Maybe I need to clarify that, really, this applies to anything in the house. In fact, if he just cleaned something I would be HAPPY as opposed to being MAD when he pees on stuff.

Unknown said...

ha ha ur so funny...and u need to lay down the law about peeing on things other than the toilet, but nothing to to harsh...kind of something to get his attention, but not something that makes him think that u just want to b mean, evn if u do :)

Katie said...

Rebekah,
This is one of those things that you just blame on the Mustaleski side of the family and move on!