Yesterday, Emilia was holding a strike against naps. I think she MAYBE slept a grand total of an hour to an hour and a half during the day. To some, that may seem sufficient, but this girl has always been a sleeper, from the day she was born and quite frankly, an hour and a half just doesn't cut it for her. Yet, every time I tried to lay her down for a nap she would lay in her bed and scream her little head off until I came to get her. I can already hear my mom, "Well, if she was really tired, she would sleep." Oh really? Then how come she wasn't really happy when she was awake, either? She cried when I tried to play with her, she cried when I held her, she cried at her brothers, she cried in her saucer...she was one unhappy little munchkin yesterday. So, for those of you who may say she didn't need the sleep, to you I say, "Pbtttttt!"
The bright side of this is that there was a tradeoff. She may not have slept during the day, but buddy, when she fell asleep last night she was OUT FOR THE COUNT. The girl slept from 8 pm until 7 am without waking up once. WHOOPEE!! I got the longest night of consecutive hours of sleep in over a year (because I really didn't sleep well when I was pregnant). I felt like a new person this morning. Was it worth it? If you had asked me yesterday, I wouldn't have hesitated a second before I said, "NO WAY!" but if you had asked this morning, I would've had to think about it, though in the end I would still go with a "not really," but hey, that's just me. Yesterday really stressed me out, what can I say?
4 comments:
CONGRATS!!!! dnt u wish she slept like that every night? well...hope ur both somewhat back 2 normal now...ily both...<3
I find when that happens that it's a lot less stressful if I stop being stubborn about it and just accept the fact that the nap is just not going to happen and then go on with my day. If I try to force the issue and be logical about it - "but you are tired and you normally nap at this time!!" I just get overly frustrated that I can't control the situation. pssstt... You're not in control. ;)
How exactly do you go on with your day with a baby crying at you no matter what you do? Please, share the secret!
hey LUV the new bg...
Post a Comment