Don't worry, I can't either. (I also cant believe it's been a month and a half since I posted, but that's a different story...)
So...he's six. It takes TWO hands for him to show everyone how old he is. He's started Kindergarten. He reads like a champ (seriously, he read a whole chapter book before breakfast one day). He loves to be a helper, but if I'd let him he'd park his butt in front of the T.V. all day long! He plays soccer, takes karate and has decided our driveway isn't big enough for him and his bike, so he's started off-roading in our yard. He's basically your awesome, outstanding six year old boy. And I'm still in shock that he's SIX.

This year for his birthday he wanted to have a bowling party. It was really fun and I think Josiah could have bowled the night away! He bowled 3 games and in his last game he got a strike and 2 spares!!
Here's his bowling lane cake:

Josiah and his cake...it melted a little in the car:

The cousins ready for some cake!

The bowling crew:

And, of course, the birthday boy opening some of his presents:

We had his party the day before his birthday, so we had to come up with some fun stuff to do ON his birthday, because I just think birthdays need to be celebrated! In the morning we all went to the Bounce House. For those of you who don't know, it's a place that has a bunch of those inflatable slides, etc, for the kids to play on/in. Everyone had a blast! Emilia wanted sooooooo bad to keep up with the boys, but she's just too little for most of the inflatables. We did take her down the big slide MANY times and she LOVED every second of it!




After the Bounce House, we went to lunch at McDonald's (his restaurant of choice!) and then to see the movie Monsters vs. Aliens. It was a fun, busy day. All of us were exhausted at the end of it!
Happy, happy birthday, Josiah! We love you so very, very much!!
2 comments:
Wow! It doesn't seem like that long ago that you called to tell me your water broke! :) How did you teach him to read? I would love to teach B, but I don't even know where to begin!
:/ 6...dangggg...:) looks like y'all had so much fun and that cake! holy smokes...that looks woohoo! :) ily <3
Post a Comment