Monday, September 28, 2009

Sweet and Stinky Boys

Today at lunch:

Micah: Mommy, we wont be here to watch you die because we'll already be married by then, right?

Me: That's the plan.

Josiah: But why are you going to die first?

Me: So I won't be lonely.

Josiah: But then daddy won't have anyone to kiss!

-----------------------------------------------------

Josiah got in trouble for something the other day and he and I were snuggling after the "talking to" he got. All of a sudden he got up and ran out of the room saying, "I have to go somewhere!"

A few seconds later, he waltzed back into the room with a smirk on his face and said, "Do you know where I went?"

Me: "No."

Josiah: "I had to go TOOT! And I knew you wouldn't like it if I tooted on you, so I went to another room! Wasn't that nice of me?"

My dear, your thoughtfulness astounds me

Well, Micah thought this was just about the funniest thing ever, so after rolling on the floor in full appreciation of his brother's "thoughtfulness," he gets up, runs out of the room and says, "I've gotta go somewhere!"

Josiah is cracking up laughing now, too, and chases after Micah. A few seconds later, Josiah runs back in the room, his face RED with laughter and says, MOMMY!! DID YOU HEAR THAT??!"

Me: "No."

Josiah: "Micah tooted and it was like, PBTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!"

Isn't that soooo amazing?!

Micah comes around the corner at this time. Josiah turns to him and with total admiration says, "Micah! How did you do that?!"

Micah assumes a semi-squat position and says, "I just bent over like this and my tush was like, PBTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!"



If you don't have or have never had or weren't a boy yourself at some point in time, you may not appreciate that last story. I, for one, am proud to report that I maintained a straight face during the entire exchange and when it became obvious that it was a contest the boys had no intention of ending, I promptly put an end to such smelly boy behavior.

However, I CRIED when I was telling John the story and I very nearly peed my pants, too, though being pregnant may have something to do with that. At least I've got them trained to go in the other room, right? Their wives will thank me someday. Now, I've just got to work on John....