Saturday morning we were leaving the house to go to my mom's house for an extended Thanksgiving celebration. Micah was already out in the car, Josiah was standing on the front porch and Emilia was walking out the door with me. She was also, at her insistence, carrying my purse and keys and wearing rainboots. Quite a load for a little lady! So, I help her step over the threshold and Josiah's there and says, "Take my hand, Molly." She says, "NO." (Afterall, she is a big girl now and can supposedly walk down stairs on her own) I'm pulling the door shut behind me and say, "Then wait for mommy, Emilia." and hear a tumble, a rustle of leaves (where she landed) and a wail. I don't think she was counting on the imbalance brought on by all the things she was carrying because she CAN walk down stairs by herself now, but not in rainboots and not with mommy's purse....details.
Anyway, she's fine. Almost all in one piece. Just one little bitty chip is missing...from her front tooth. I don't think she misses it. But it does look a little different! The good news is that it's a baby tooth and in a few years it's going to fall out anyway and she'll grow another pretty, new, WHOLE tooth. Until then...

1 comment:
Lovely. Just lovely. <3
Post a Comment