Thursday, November 19, 2009

Why's It Always Gotta Be His Head??

Have you guessed who this post is about?

That's right. Josiah's back on the bandwagon for head injuries. I was hopeful that he had gotten this out of his system. Apparently not. And this time--STITCHES. Technically, he could have gotten stitches for any of his other head injuries, but this time there was no doubt about it. Stitches were REQUIRED.

So, you may be wondering what happened. Oh, you know, the usual. He got smacked in the forehead with a golf club. (Accidently)

Mommy has a new rule--golf clubs ONLY come out on the GOLF COURSE.

Lots of firsts for today, though:

First trip to the ER.

First set of stitches. (He got three)

First time mommy panicked over an injury...maybe in part due to pregnancy hormones, maybe also in part due to the fact that it looked like he had a HOLE IN HIS HEAD.

And for the HUNDRED MILLIONTH UMPTEETH time I was thankful for family living in town because I can't imagine doing the ER thing with all the kids. Thank you so much, Sue, for meeting me at the ER in 10 minutes and taking the younger two for several hours for me so that I could be there for Josiah. Words can't say how thankful I am.

I'll try to post a pic tomorrow, for those who want to check it out. Josiah was still pretty freaked out about it tonight, so I didn't want to draw any unnecessary attention to it. He was pretty wiped out, though, so I'm hoping a good nights sleep will help (he went to bed crying about how it's never going to heal). Please pray for a quick and speedy recovery for Josiah and say a prayer of thanks, too, that all things considered, his injury was relatively minor. It could have been so much worse! Thank you, God, for watching over my little boy and keeping his head injuries to something that can easily be fixed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well maybe a play day will help the healin. (: no golf tho...