Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Keepin' It Real

For those who wonder "how I do it all" (which is just a funny concept with four kids...)

Here is a picture of my life.

Meet "Mount Laundry"



The weather has been so beautiful the last few days so we've spent a lot of time outside and I've been working on switching out winter and summer clothes when we're inside and Audra has not been so into sleeping during the days...thus, Mt. Laundry. I feel accomplished in that I've been able to get it washed. Folding and putting away will happen eventually.

See, that's the thing about having 4 kids and homeschooling with an infant. It is just not possible to do everything. At least, not for me! I've just got to decide what is most important to me and realize that the rest of it will get done one of these days and be OK with that. {The "be OK with that" part is hard for me some(a lot) of the time. I can get really stressed by all the things I still have to do.} But...in my prioritizing, I've decided that the important thing is for us to have clean clothes, even if they are wrinkled and even if we pulled them off the couch instead of out of our drawers to put them on.

Hmmmm...looking at that picture up there, it doesn't look so bad. Let me give you some perspective. He kind of blends in, so look carefully



Yup. That's one big stack o' laundry.

No comments: