Last weekend I watched my sister's two boys for a couple days. Talk about busy! I was EXHAUSTED after they went home. For 2 days I had kids aged:
2 months, 2 yrs, (nearly) 5, 6, (nearly) 7, 11
Thankfully my cousin Emily came to help around dinnertime on Friday and John didn't work on Saturday, so he was around for most of the day, too. It was still
C-R-A-Z-Y! There's no way I could keep up with all of those kids all the time. Someone was always calling for me, needing something, getting hurt, etc. It was nuts, man. Makes my life with 4 kids seem pretty calm!
On Friday I packed all six kids up in my car (yup, we all fit...kinda looked like sardines back there, but at least I knew they weren't going anywhere) to go to lunch at my grandma's. All was well until I told the kids to start cleaning up so we could leave. (Maybe it's just my family, but most of our accidents seem to happen when we are leaving somewhere. Why is that??) While they were out in the garage supposedly cleaning (my grandma's garage is the playroom) I heard *THUNK* followed by much screaming. Emilia had been rocking in the kid rocker and flipped backward and thunked her head on the concrete floor. After checking her eyes for equal reactions and determining to the best of my ability that she was OK, I went to get a drink of water. When I turned back around Emilia was poking at some yellowish stuff on the floor at her feet. My first thought was, "Oh no. She threw up. This is worse than I thought."
But then I looked closer.
And looked at all of the drips around on the carpet.
Nope. Not throw up.
Baby poop.
My grandma had been holding Audra and Audra had completely filled up and overflowed her diaper. Wasn't that nice of her? :) It was all down my grandma's shirt, her sweater, her pants, on her shoes. It was in the garage, on the carpet, on the coffee table and Emilia was smearing the spots on the carpet around like finger paint. Oh, and did I mention my grandma just recently got brand new carpet?
Blue carpet + yellow baby poop = not a good thing.
I scrubbed for at least 30 minutes to get all of that crap (literally) out of the carpet. I still didn't get it all, but I wasn't getting anymore out. I'm hopeful that her cleaning lady will have better luck because otherwise I'm going to feel really bad. But I just wasn't making anymore progress on it.
Plus, the troops were restless. It was time to go.
As I was packing the kids into the car, my grandma came up to me, put her arm around my waist and said, "Good luck. I'll be praying for you. You call me if you need someone to talk to."
Nothing like a boost of confidence to send me on my way. :)
I'm happy to announce that my grandma's prayers must have worked, though, because the rest of the weekend passed without incident. Yay!
Plus, I met my goals for the weekend--we all made it out alive! :)
----------------------------
One time over the weekend I gave the kids some fruit snacks. McCain picked up his bag of fruit snacks and said, "I don't like these. I am NEVER eating these."
Josiah looked at him and said, "You will if your WIFE makes you."
----------------------------
A little more about our doctor's appointment yesterday...all of my kids have been prounced "perfect." They are all growing like weeds.
Audra now weighs 14 lbs (she's only 2 months old--ack!) and is 24 inches long (she's 2 feet long already!). Emilia weighs 28 lbs and is 36.2 inches long. She's over 3 feet! Micah weighs 41 lbs and is 41.8 inches tall....in case any of you were interested.
No comments:
Post a Comment