Monday, September 20, 2010

So Much

My friend has a blog about her family and in the little sidebar description she has written, "Life never stands still, neither do they." Oh, that is so true! And so much of what I have been feeling the last couple weeks (months, maybe??) But here's some of what's been going on and why there hasn't been much time for posting on here. As always, I will try to do better!

About a month ago I bought a piece of fabric that I intend to make into a dress for Emilia. Well, she found it, asked what it was and when I told her it is going to be a dress she insisted on wearing it...for two days...like this:


I take that as a good sign that when I do actually get around to making a dress that she will like it! And do you like that knot on her head? She does her best to keep up with the boys, but sometimes it just doesn't work out so well for her.

A couple weeks ago, Audra was congested. I feel so bad for my babies when they are like that because there just isn't much I can do for them...aside from suctioning out their noses, which isn't really that great of a trade-off! Audra, though, kept me laughing through the ordeal because she kept making this face:

I guess all that congestion felt funny up there!

This next picture is for my mom. She brought this dress back from Brazil for Emilia just before she turned 2. Emilia wore it for her second birthday, but it was still a little big back then. Now it fits perfectly and she is such a beautiful little lady in it!

And that's a tattoo on her cheek in this picture, just fyi.

There was, of course, the big SEVENTH birthday in the midst of this. But that deserves a post all of its own, so we'll come back to that another time :)

Then there is the thing that has been occupying most of our waking (and sometimes sleeping!) hours recently: taking out a wall in our house!! Oh, it's going to be so nice when it's done, but it has been CA-RAZY these last couple weeks. To help cut costs we did most of the demo and are doing some of the redo. My mom and Sue are and have been a HUGE help in making this happen. They spent 5 days straight here working and helping and I'm sure would have done more except they left last Thursday to go to Houston to watch my brother's kids for awhile. I've been taking daily pictures to show the process, but I'll warn you--it's a mess! Everything is!

Day 1


Day 2


Day 3


Day 5


Day 7


Day 9


Day 10

(And by the way, John and I made that cabinet! We still have to make the doors, but we LOVE the way it turned out!)

And if all that weren't enough, the boys have also started soccer! They were suppose to start on the 11th, but the games got rained out, so both of them had their first games on Saturday. They loved it! They both played really well. Josiah did awesome at getting back to protect the goal and Micah scored 2 goals for his team--one with his left foot, even! I am a little disturbed after learning that our league has a "5 goal rule" which basically says that no team can be more than 5 goals ahead. If you are, you are not allowed to score again and if you do score they take a goal away from your score. Personally, I think that is so stupid for many reasons but it's where we are for the season so I'll try not to dwell on it. On a brighter note--here are some pictures!





That's going to have to be it for this morning. I've got to go get us packed up to leave when Greg gets here. Happy Monday!

2 comments:

MEBCC said...

Oh sweet friend, how I have missed you! I have no idea how you manage four! I find myself totally crazy with three. The renovation looks amazing! You are going to enjoy it so much!

Candida said...

Your remodeling project is looking great! I can't wait to see the final product! I'm sure you can't either. :)