Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 1



We made it! We've been "at" the beach since last Thursday, but on Monday we finally made it to the beach house. It nearly killed the kids to be so close to the beach but not be AT the beach. You'd have thought we had them strung up by their toes or something. Somehow we all survived the torturous weekend and lived to enjoy our week at the beach. YAY!!



It's Audra's first real trip to the beach. We went last May but she slept through most of that trip. I wasn't sure how she would do here. She's still not walking by herself without some REAL ENCOURAGMENT and I worried about her crawling on the sand. As you can see, worrying was a waste of time. The girl took to the beach like a fish to water. :)



These three were right back to their old shenanigans. Seems even South Carolina has some naughty sand that snuck up on the beach and needs to be thrown back into the ocean. Good thing we were here to do the dirty work. These kids got right to it.

Little Miss Pasty White, here, had her little zebra tent to keep from getting too much sun. I have a feeling she comes in two colors--red or white. I'd rather not find out, though.



Emilia, hard little worker bee that she is, even found some rocks that belong in the ocean. Look at her yelling at them and telling them who's boss. She sure showed them!

Our little slice of heaven in Folly Beach, South Carolina!


There's a tide pool right in front of our house here--all of the kids have had a GREAT time playing in it--so much to explore! So much to see!


Giving Nana hugs on the couch...
Oh Nana! You are so wonderful! Thank you so much for bringing us to the beach! You are the best Nana EVER!

The kids help clean up after dinner...each night when I assign someone to vacuum Emilia yells, "I WANT TO VACUUM!" Like I said, my little worker bee. Unless, of course, you actually ask her to do something because then it's a whole different story.

No comments: