Monday, June 4, 2007

All About Dollywood...finally!

As I mentioned in an earlier blog, we all went to Dollywood last Thursday. "All" being me, Josiah, Micah, my sister Karen, her hubby Bruce and their two youngest boys Timothy (8) and McCain (4), my mom, my grandma and my cousin Emily (12). There were 8 of us trekking around Dollywood from 10 am til 5 pm (Karen and crew stayed longer, but we bailed 'early') and OH WHAT FUN we all had!

We started with some kiddie rides. Micah never did actually ride them, but he like "petting" them between rides while I tried to convince him that it would be fun to sit in them for the ride. His favorite was the pigs. He got quite an oinking conversation going with some of them! I did finally get him to ride the carosel, but he cried the whole time, so I guess he knew what he was talking about and I should have just listened to him! Josiah rode all the rides and had a BLAST! He really liked the bumblebee one that went up and down while turning around. And he got really excited about riding the kiddie roller coaster...he even had his hands up and was screaming until he decided it was a better idea to hold on! When we got off that one he said, "Mommy, that one scared me when it turned fast. Can we ride it again?" Here is a pic of him on one of the rides:

I think there were two favorite parts of Dollywood. One was the train. At the end of the day when I asked what they liked best, Josiah and Micah both said the train was their favorite part of the day. When we first got to the park the train was at the station, so we got a good look at it (and some good pictures!) and we got an up close account of how LOUD the whistle is! The first time the train blew it's whistle, McCain and Micah started crying because it frightened them. But after that everyone knew to "co-eryears!" (that's Micah's way of saying cover your ears)


I think the other favorite part of the day was the water places where the kids played and cooled off and got SOAKED! My boys both love water anyway and there were a bunch of other kids to play with and really, what could be better than getting to splash everyone with cold water on a hot day? I dont have any pics from the water, my sister took a bunch so I'll share some of hers later. But we really did have a great time. Grandma's sister works in one of the stores there so we got to see her and the boys got to meet their great-great aunt which was pretty cool. Plus she works in the sweet treats store, so you should have seen the boys eyes bulging out at all of the candy! I was surprised at how quickly time went by when we were there. I never would have thought we had been there 7 hours! I guess time really does fly when you're having fun!

One last pic that I just have to share with you before I go. This was taken yesterday. The boys were acting out the 3 little pigs. Once again, if only I could figure out how to post videos! I'm going to have to work on that. Anyway, they took turns being the wolf and the pig and saying (in a deep voice) "Little pig, little pig, let me come in!" (high-pitched voice) "Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!" (deep voice) "Then I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll BLOW YOUR HOUSE IN!" "AHHHHHHHHHHH!" It was sooooo cute!!!

2 comments:

angela said...

I'm glad you all had so much fun at Dollywood! Kate was so scared by the train whistle (it's so loud!), we didn't even try to ride it the next time around. I was disappointed, but oh well. To Dolly!

Rebekah said...

Micah was so tired by the time we rode the train he fell asleep within 5 minutes and when they blew the whistle he didnt even flinch. The whistle was incredibly loud, but the boys really like trains and I think that helped them overlook the fright of the noise!