Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Exciting weekend adventures...
Well, I'll just cut to the chase on this one. Josiah had a brick fall on his head Saturday evening. Why do these things never happen during the day during the week when it would be convenient to take them to the doctor?? Anyway, I digress...the brick. Right. There we were spending a lovely evening with family and friends. chit-chat...food...good times. I turn to look at Josiah and see that he is holding on to the post of a bird feeder and running around it which is making the whole thing shake. All I get out of my mouth is, "DON'T..." and the feeder falls over, bird seed goes everywhere and, most importantly, the brick that was on top of a board covering the top of the feeder to keep the squirrels out falls on Josiah's head. On top of his head. Blood everywhere, Josiah screaming and me hobble-running to take him inside and assess the damage. Once the bleeding stops and we attempt to clean it, we realize the cut isnt that bad (not nearly as deep as last year when he gashed his head open on the entertainment center) and it looks like the brick glanced off of him instead of hitting straight on because there is scraped skin next to the cut. Anyway...all of this required another head shaving experience, getting to hold my child while pouring peroxide on the wound and trying to calm him down and tell him that its going to be alright when I really wish someone could be telling me that!! So there you go. Never a dull moment in this house. Here is a picture of his lovely bandaged head. He's healing great and it never seems to bother him. I'm still petitioning for him to choose a different body part to continually injure. These head injuries scare me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment