Saturday, June 2, 2007

Even Daddy...

Ok, I'm not going to post about Dollywood yet...I've got some stories from Ohio first. Chris's dad was also up there at their house for the weekend ("Mr. Bob") and every morning when the boys got up (6:30, I might add) they would have Mr. Bob outside playing catch the butterflies. Not familiar with that game? Here's how you play: The little boys run around the deck and yard trying to get away while Mr. Bob (or any other adult you have handy) chases them trying to catch them in his "net" and take them to the cage (a designated part of the deck). Once the kids have been put in the cage they must escape, preferably by crawling through the adult's legs, to continue the chase in the yard. This continues until the adult is too tired to keep up. Mr. Bob was such a good sport about this game! I really do think he had fun, even that first morning when he didnt even have shoes on and his socks were wet and muddy from the dew. But, I did notice that the next day he put his shoes on first thing!

While we were up there the boys slept in the same room on air mattresses. The first night John and I layed down with them to help them get settled and get to sleep. I was laying with Josiah and John was with Micah and I could hear Micah whispering to John that he NEEDED to tell Josiah that he loved him. John agreed and Micah sat up and said, "Yuh you, Siah" Josiah responds, "I love you, too, Micah" Then he lays back down and whispers to me, "I love you, too, Mommy." I said, "I love you, too, Josiah" And now for the punch line, Josiah said, "Even I love Daddy." Not in a, lets-not-forget-daddy way but in a oh-if-I-have-to kind of way. John says he's still recovering. I've suggested a support group. We're coping. Wait till he's a teenager, right? :)

I will post about Dollywood soon...so check back!

No comments: