Micah decided on Wednesday that he no longer wanted to wear diapers and he has been dry for 2 1/2 days! Yipee! It's really true what they say (at least in this case) that the child will do it when he is ready. We were getting dressed on Wednesday when Micah said he didn't want to wear a diaper and he didn't want to wear a pull-up. He wanted "unwear." So, not wanting to discourage potty training, we went for it. He wet through every pair of underwear in his size in an hour! Then we had to go back to pull-ups--they were the next best thing. But, since then, he's been dry! He's even been staying dry through nap time! We went back to underwear later in the day on Wednesday after I did some laundry, but so far he hasn't done anything but pee on the potty, so after the first messy underwear I told him he had to wear pull-ups until he always used the potty. We compromised with underwear over the pull-up for now. But he's done so great! I'm so proud of him! Once he decided to do it, it's been done! I've given him a few special treats for doing such a great job, but he doesn't do it for the treats (although he's also not going to turn down M&Ms). He does it just because he wants to. So here's a picture of his proud little self, underwear over the pull-up:
And here are a few more pictures from yesterday's trip to the grocery with great grandma. The boys were being our helpers and carrying our purses for us!
P.S. Happy Friday the 13th!!
1 comment:
That's great! I just bought some underwear for Kate as she is interested and will sometimes tell me when she has to use the potty - she's even pooped on the potty! I don't know when we'll try to go cold turkey, but I like the underwear idea. Pull-ups (even the "cool alert") seem too much like diapers, and she doesn't seem to mind.
Post a Comment