Wednesday, July 4, 2007

My Little Punkin

Happy 4th of July!!


You know, I really do have two incredibly sweet boys. Here's a story from this morning that I wanted to write down before I forget.

Actually, the story started last night. We were getting the boys ready for bed and there were some shenanigans happening (mostly revolving around 'booger balls' for those of you who have seen "Everyone's Hero). Anywho, Micah accidently smacked the back of his head into my lip. It hurt enough to put me out of the shenanigan mood (its all fun and games until someone gets hurt, right?) and John got me some ice so I wouldnt be too puffy today. About 10 minutes later the boys were in bed and Micah asked for snuggles, "Mommy, I want your sleep me" Who could resist that? We get in his bed and he wraps his little arms around my neck which feels a bit like a head lock because his arms are still so short and my nose is smushed to his chest as he says, "need hole you." After a few minutes I leave them to go to sleep. Well, I think Micah must have really been concerned about me because this morning when he woke up he yelled, "MOM!!!....MOM!!" I went down and picked him up and he wrapped his arms AND legs around me and with his face in my neck he said, "Your otay, Mommy?" I said, "Yeah, Im okay" but I didnt really know why he was asking that. Obviously realizing I wasnt understanding him he asked, "Your lip otay?" I just smiled and said, "Yeah, my lip is fine. Do you want to see it?" yeah, he said. So I pointed out the spot and he said, "oh. Want my kiss it?" Oh how precious. I wish I could take those moments of unexpected love from my kids and lock it in a box to hold forever. And I guess in a way that's what I'm doing here because now I know I will never forget it. And hopefully I'll be able to remember how awesome I felt this morning with my baby's arms and legs locked around asking me if I want a kiss.

"Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
--Franklin Jones

No comments: