Well, just so you don't get the idea that it is all fun and games around here (although a lot of it is), I have a burst of normal toddler reality to share with you, this is also for all those who were so envious of Micah potty training...be envious no longer! Last week, Micah decided that he did not want to be potty trained anymore. I guess going to the potty was just too much trouble or something, taking away from play time and all. So, I've been battling with an EXTREMELY stubborn 2 year old (wonder where he got that?) to get him to use the potty again. Normally, this would not be an issue because I would just stick him back in diapers and say, "fine, be that way." But, in the month when he was potty trained, I started teaching and he started going to a school that requires the children to be fully potty trained. Thus, the battle. Who will win? Good question, because I can't MAKE him use the potty--though trust me I wish I could!! He's still been in underwear because I can't go back to anything else, but oh the messes!! He's gotten better in the last day or so, which really means that if I take him to the potty he will go, but he doesn't tell me if he has to go. So anyway...such is life with a toddler!
Enough of that! Now for the humor part of life!
Yesterday we went to the library because I had some books on hold to pick up, but we didn't have time to stay there. As we were getting out of the car I told the boys that we were just going in quickly, so I needed them to stick with me. We walked a couple steps and then Josiah said, "Mommy, I don't have any glue on me." I said, "OK" (didn't see where this was going) He said, "I don't have any glue on me, so I can't stick with you." Har-har.
Ever wonder if God has a sense of humor? Today, Josiah told me that God was talking to him. I said, "What's He saying to you?" Josiah said, "He's telling me knock, knock jokes."
This morning when Micah and I were going back to school he fell going down the front steps. We had left be-be in the car from dropping Josiah off earlier and when Micah got in and saw his be-be he immediately cheered up and said, "Oh be-be! I missed you, you in car!"
And lastly, another story from this morning. Josiah told me that Jesus was dying on the cross in his stomach. I asked him what he meant by that and he said, "Well, after He dies, He rises and goes up to heaven and heaven is in my heart, so He must be dying on the cross in my stomach." Very well reasoned for a 4 year old. Do you think that's where they came up with the saying "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach?" Just kidding! I gotta tell you, I didn't really know how to respond to that one. I mean, I don't think I would have liked the idea of Jesus dying on the cross in my stomach. I think I would have had nightmares or something. Yet it didn't really seem to bother him, but still! What do you say to that?
Ok, not the last. I had to get back on here and add one more. It's bed time and John had just read the boys their book and he had asked them to put the books away. Josiah wasn't listening and yelled back at John, so John told him to come get a spanking. Josiah came over, got his spanking and as he was walking away said, "That didn't really hurt." John said, "Well, then come back and get another one." Josiah said, "No." John: "Yes. If it didn't hurt, I didn't do it right, so come back." Josiah came back, got another and then looked up at John but didn't move to get up and said, "It still didn't hurt." John spanked him again. Josiah did the same thing (didn't move to get up) and said: "It still didn't hurt." (I was laughing, but trying not to by this time) John spanked him again. Josiah got up and said: "Ok. That one hurt." And then he went over to clean up the books. I was trying not to laugh so hard that I was crying!! KIDS!
No comments:
Post a Comment