Friday, August 31, 2007

Time Flies!

Wow! I can't believe that it's been over two weeks since I've posted. Where does the time go? We have been busy with school and getting ready for the big birthday coming up, oh--and spreading the word about our new little one that is coming next March! We are so excited about that! Josiah is very excited about getting a new baby. He thinks it should be a boy because we already have a girl. Who, you may ask? "Uh, MOMMY!" says Josiah. Micah's question is always, "Mommy, you have a baby in your tummy?" I say yes, he says, "Oh." And they have both been pretending to have babies in their tummies. Sometimes they actually stick one of their stuffed animals under their shirts and sometimes its just pretend. It's cute!

Can you believe that Josiah is going to be 4 in just 3 days? It doesn't seem possible. This is the first year that he has really understood about his birthday and it coming up and then having a party, so he is very excited. He's always asking how many days until his birthday and telling everyone about the water party we are going to have next Saturday. It'll be the boys' first experience with water balloons, but I expect they'll catch on quickly!

And school. School is going well for most of us (me and Josiah), but it is taking Micah awhile to adjust, mostly because his afternoon nap has been shortened from 2.5 hours to 1.5 hours. On days that we dont have school he just CRASHES. For instance, on Wednesday he slept for FOUR HOURS! But they both like going. And I've got more kid artwork than I know what to do with! Here is a story from yesterday at school: Josiah came back from the potty walking with a waddle. His teacher asked him if everything was ok and he told her he got some pee on his pants. So she asked him how that happened. When his teacher told me the story she said, "He looked at me like I was crazy and he couldn't believe he had to explain this to me and then said, "Well, I guess I didn't point it in the right direction!" That's Josiah. Always tellin' it like it is!

So there's our little update. I'm sure I'll post more on Josiah's birthday with some new pictures, so check back!

No comments: