Friday, June 27, 2008

I Can Change My Mind, If I Want

That's what Josiah said.

Remember the post several months ago about Josiah telling the midwife that I wouldn't be having any more babies because three was "enough?" Well, this is what he told me about a month ago (delayed posting, what can I say? I've got three kids, I think that explains A LOT about me right now)

Josiah: Mommy, Molly really needs a sister because right now she's the only girl and that's just sad. So you need to have another baby so she can have a sister like I have a brother.

Me: I thought you said that three babies was enough because four babies would just be A LOT of babies?

Josiah: Well, I can change my mind, if I want and Molly needs a sister, so, you need to have another baby.

First of all, I think it is very sweet that Josiah cares about his sister enough to think about these things AND to realize how great it is to have a brother to pal around with and want the same thing for Emilia. However, apparently I haven't made much progress in terms of establishing who is in charge around here since he still seems to think that his opinion is the final decision. Oh well... you win some, you lose some.

3 comments:

thesmithfamily said...

hey! That sounds SO FAMILIAR...except Mikayla says we need another boy! Let us know when you are having that next little girl!! LOL

Fun times :)

Unknown said...

hey u kno this not posting is really wrking, bc everytime i c one i need to post on, i have to change computers and wen i do there is another comment...
anyway cute story

Meriam said...

Unless you really want to have another one, just wait until the baby sister is mobile and getting into all of his stuff. Then he might change his mind about having another one. But then kids are smarter than we give them credit for and he will probably decide that if she had a sister to play with she would leave his stuff alone.