Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Still no pics for you because most of them are on my mom's computer, but I've got some stories to share while you wait...

I found where Micah cut his hair yesterday. There is a chunk above his right ear that is missing. Depending on how his hair is laying, though, it is very hard to tell (obviously since it took me so long to spot it!)

Josiah still hasn't lost his tooth. It's still hanging in there, but it is getting loose enough that he has trouble eating some things. We still haven't started sewing, either, but that's on the agenda for today or tomorrow. I'll post a pic of his creation once he makes it.

Josiah is also reading quite well now. Yesterday and today he has been reading a Dick and Jane book that we have and he is about 100 pages in and has read the whole thing on his own. I've been trying to work with him on reading because I knew he could do it, but everytime I tried he would get whiney and say, "I can't! It's too hard!" I have very little patience for whining and I didn't want to make reading an un-fun thing (because it is SUCH a fun thing!) so I let it drop. Then I decided he just needed a little motivation, a little competition. So I got a "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Lessons" book from the library (very simple lessons) and said I was going to teach BOTH the boys to read. Well, what do you know, that same day Josiah was reading on his own the same books that were "too hard" yesterday. :) (By the way, Micah did very well on the first reading lesson yesterday)

Emilia got a stroller/baby walker for Christmas and has been walking all over the place with it! She's pretty unsteady, but hasn't had any major spills with it, yet. She also has four teeth now, and two more coming in. YIKES! Oh, and a few days ago she was standing at one of the boys stools and then just....let go. And there she was, 9 months old and standing all by herself. What all this means is that instead of typing on this blog I should really be baby-proofing my house, especially since she is so attracted to wires! Add it to the list...

Micah went skiing for the first time last weekend. I think he liked it. He told me about learning to make pizza wedges and french fries. And Josiah got to go on the big lift and down the "big hill" this time. He was excited about that! They have both asked me several times about when I am going to ski...um, never. They don't like that answer, but too bad!

John's car has been getting some work done on it so the kids and I have been without a car for the last week. We're getting a little stir crazy, but so far, no one's been hurt....I'd say that's pretty good. So, for all of you still waiting for me to mail your Christmas presents and Christmas cards...hang in there--they're coming! But I am NOT walking to the post office with three kids, countless envelopes and several boxes. I'm not that crazy!!

That's all I'm coming up with right now. A photo slide show will be coming your way soon...at least I plan for it to be soon. Could be a week or more. Who knows. One of these days I'll get organized again. But not today!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay...sounds like fun cant wait 4 the pics...and cant wait for the 23rd...luv ya

Meriam said...

I've been using the 100 Easy Lessons book with Cameron and will use it with Aiden, too. Cameron is either dyslexic or just a late reader, but it is making a big difference for him. Aiden did a few lessons at the beginning of the year but lost interest and I decided not to push it. I didn't like the idea of my four year old being able to read before my seven year old.