Friday, January 30, 2009

New Things to Play With

First of all, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to all of you who contributed to my camera fund. I am now the happy owner of a Nikon D80 and have been playing with it all week! I LOVE it so far! I'm still slow to find the settings for the look I want, but I'm getting better and thought I would share some of the pictures I took this week while I've been messing around.

This first set is some I took while Emilia was eating some cheerios one day after nap. I don't know what all the faces were about, just that she's a goober like that! :)




This is Josiah reading a bedtime story to Micah and John.


The other "fun" I've been having this week is that Emilia has been EXTREMELY clingy...I think maybe she's getting another tooth? Whatever the case, this is the face I see a lot of the times when I am not holding her:


Oh yes, and I had a birthday on Saturday. This is Josiah singing to me...with his fingers up his nose?? Don't ask, but he sang most of the song with one or both nostrils plugged by his fingers. Boys are so weird. :)


This next set is Josiah TRYING to be serious and have a stare down with me. He was protesting more picture taking, but in the end his good humor won out and he couldn't hold it in anymore.








Emilia LOVES books. She spends a lot of time at this bookshelf. I have to take her away from it because it is all of her brothers' books and she rips the pages. Her favorite book right now is "Gallop" by Rufus (something) Seder. Have you seen that book? The pictures in it "move" when you turn the pages. She loves to turn the pages back and forth, watching the animals move. She also likes to "hide" things she finds in the pages. For example, she found a puzzle piece, stuck it between two pages and closed the book. Then she goes through the pages until she finds her treasure again. She's also done this with her hand as the treasure, but it doesn't work quite as well :)


The books in these pictures is another favorite because it has animals in it. She is a HUGE animal fan. She loves our cats. When they walk in the room she kicks her legs (or bounces if she's standing) and flaps her arms and usually squeals, too! We were at a friends house not too long ago and they have a dog. She wanted to follow that dog everywhere! She didn't even care when the dog licked her in the face! She just giggled. An animal lover, for sure!



One more for now...Josiah has been "experimenting" with his science set. We haven't made any real "potions" yet, but he has fun pretending. He's made several pretend potions (mostly that turn the person who drinks them into a frog, but there's been a couple other transforming drinks) and he insists on wearing his safety glasses, even though he's only mixing air with air. Gotta follow the rules, ya know, and the rules say to wear the glasses. He's a first born, what can I say? This is him weighing some little red blocks--and wearing the glasses, of course. Those scales can be dangerous!!



If you are wondering about the lack of pictures of Micah it's because he can get very MAD about me trying to take his picture. I mean, screaming, crying, yelling MAD. You have to catch him at the right time, in the right mood and then he'll let you click away, but I haven't caught him like that yet, at least not at times when he's just by himself. I do have something about him I want to tell you about though, but it needs a picture to go with it, so hopefully soon...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ha-ha....luv the pics...and speaking of pics, do u have all the ones we took at gmas..i think i might like to see those, especially the ones of me...lol...

luv ya!!!
<3