I'm totally stealing this idea from my friend Angela who thought to take the current Facebook thing and write one for each of her kids. What a great idea! Here are Josiah's:
1. Josiah is mostly a typical first-born. He is bossy and wants to be in charge...of everything. Including what's for dinner.
2. He loves cooking shows. Rachael Ray and Paula Deen are his favorites. He's even started saying "Yum-O!" and "Delish!"
3. He pretends to have his own Food Network show when he's playing with play-doh. He's says things like, "You're watching Josiah on Food Network. I'm making a pizza cake and right now I'm just going to sprinkle these on top. Maybe you don't want to make your sprinkles so big, but that's just the way I do it because my grandma always made her sprinkles big like that." I have over 20 minutes of "Josiah on Food Network" on video. :)
4. That I remember, he's never had a favorite color. He can't choose. He TRIES. But ends up saying, "My favorite is blue...and orange...and green...and red...and yellow...and black...and I like them all!"
5. He likes to play games but HATES to lose.
6. He really wants to learn to play chess.
7. He also wants to learn to play the guitar.
8. He likes to read and be read to. I read "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" out loud to him and Micah and couple weeks ago. I really think Josiah would have sat and listened to the whole thing in one sitting. He has an AMAZING attention span.
9. His favorite TV show is Ruff Ruffman on PBS and he gets upset if he misses it, even though he's seen them all already.
10. He is a perfectionist and does not believe in going to plan B. He wrote a letter to his cousin Brooke the other day and INSISTED on rewriting the entire thing because the last word wouldn't fit on the same line as the rest of the sentence. (I read these to Josiah and after this one I had to explain the concept of plan B but then he said, "Yeah, I really like plan A.")
11. He prefers gummy treats over chocolate.
12. He's always challenging himself to learn something new, from whistling to blowing bubbles to standing on his head.
13. One of his favorite breakfast foods is oatmeal. He's not picky about flavoring, but some kind of fruit is usually a first choice.
14. He says he doesn't like mushrooms, but when he eats them without realizing they are mushrooms, he says they're yummy.
15. He likes to play sports--any sports, really. I think he likes that it's active, it's competitive and someone has to play it with him.
16. He's got a big heart for God and is starting to ask lots of questions about being baptized.
17. He's a big fan of music. He likes to listen to it, or if it is not on he will sing songs to himself. Sometimes he'll ask you to sing with him, but other times if you try to sing along he'll tell you you're interrupting him.
18. He has an incredible imagination! He has created an entire imaginary family for himself, Jujah and Fahvey are sister and brother, respectively, and they vary in age depending on the activity, but Fahvey is always the oldest (even older than Josiah). Palucy is ther mom and they live on a farm. No one knows their dad, but he's 40 years old and lives far, far away.
19. One of his favorite things to do is ride his bike. He will stay outside for hours on his bike having pretend races with Jujah and Fahvey or other pretend adventures. He's pretended to be the Wicked Witch of the West, Power Rangers, SpiderMan, monsters...all kinds of things. I even think that on his bike is his favorite place to be. He's always liked his bike, but since he's been riding "2 wheels" (without training wheels) he likes it even more.
20. He's got a great sense of humor and it overrules almost everything. When he gets upset about having to go to plan B (see #10) he'll get over it almost instantaneously if you can get him to laugh about something.
21. He's incredibly smart, and likes being smart because he likes knowing the answers. He will argue passionately about things that are blatantly wrong, just to be the one to know the answer.
22. He can have a lot of self-doubt and need lots of praise and encouragement to feel confident. (I think it's because he's a perfectionist and therefore thinks he's done it wrong if he can't do it on the first try.)
23. He is a people person. One of the most effective punishments for him is to remove him from where everyone is. That being said, every now and then he goes off to his room and spends an hour or more there just playing by himself.
24. He has two scars on his head (hidden by his hair). One from falling into the TV stand when he was 2 and one from a brick falling on his head when he was 3.
25. He's a great helper. He helps in the kitchen, picks up Emilia's toys, helps me clean the floors, the windows, the bathrooms, pretty much anything I'm doing he wants to help and be part of it all.
**BONUS** He understands and correctly uses sarcasm.
No comments:
Post a Comment